Monday, February 17, 2014

St. Cyril and St. Methodius


Happy Valentine's Day!

It's also the feast day of St. Cyril and St. Methodius. They were Greeks who went to Czechoslovkia. They were missionaries, priests, and what's even cooler? They were brothers. They truly became "all things to all people" by learning the Slovak language.

This week has been a weird one. Southern had two "snow" days. There was no snow, but we did lose power (rain turns into ice on the pine trees, turns into pine trees falling).

---------

I've been working on this post since Friday (it's now Monday).

Where did the week and weekend go?

It went to working on our newsletters in the dining hall on Valentine's Day. I rocked out to Carly Simon and addressed envelopes for two hours (and ate dining hall food). It was great.

Friday morning we woke up to extra decorations outside. And some presents including a notes about how a parishioner was praying that we would experience God's love in a deeper way this Valentine's Day.

Friday night my group of friends had dinner at our house. We have some good cooks in our midst, so dinner in is always great. And our table looked beautiful.

Saturday I had lunch with a student and then my roommate, Jess, had friends come in town! Her 8 awesome friends came for someone's birthday. We went to Savannah for mass, dinner, and ice cream. (They stayed for dancing, but I came home with Helen and the guys). It was great!

I had plenty of photos, but my internet is being wonky, so I'll upload them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment