Thursday, March 27, 2014

Breaky Break


The week before Spring Break we had dinner for our Bible Study. 
Followed by a game of UNO, complete with house rules, which resulted in a game that lasted almost two hours. 



During Spring Break I was blessed to be able to do a variety of activities. Our parish secretary had my roommate Helen, our friend Katie, and me out for dinner one night. 

I went home with Helen and got to spend some time visiting with her family and friends. It was a great opportunity to spend some time out in the country and read books to little kids. 

I had a haircut and ran to Savannah.

And then I went to North Carolina to visit Granny. This is what NC looks like.







North Carolina looks like the mountains and seeing the town below. North Carolina looks like woodpeckers and bluebirds. North Carolina looks like reading and watching Jeopardy. 

North Carolina means time with family.

North Carolina means I get to hear stories of when I was born. And even though I've heard them so much, I still like hearing them again. 

Even though I only lived in North Carolina for three weeks after I was born, I think I still have a piece of my heart there. And visiting the house that I was brought to when leaving the hospital as a newborn still feels like coming home. 


Granny and me, right before I left. 


Uncle John and me, right before I hit the road back to Georgia. 




No comments:

Post a Comment